Your support for the Friends of the Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park (SBOLDP) makes it possible for us to continue to serve as advocates on behalf of the park and the dogs and people who use it to the Los Angeles City Recreation and Parks Department, the Los Angeles City Council and other organizations in our area.
With city dollars stretched thinner and thinner, the support provided by individual and business members of the Friends of SBOLDP means that grass and trees in the park are well maintained; special events such as Halloween costume contests and photos with Santa can be planned; and that amenities such as park benches can be installed.
Just a sample of the activities that the Friends of SBOLDP have funded or helped organize are:
- Donating 16,000 to help trim the park’s many beautiful trees.
- Purchasing 20 new trees.
- Reseeding and resodding worn areas.
- Installing state-of-the-art water fountains for dogs and people.
- Expanding parking.
- Supporting the work of two young men working on projects to become Eagle Scouts. These projects provided the park with agility equipment in each of the park’s three areas.
- Giving away protective glasses for a Solar Eclipse at the Park event on Aug. 21, 2017.
- Organizing events such as Howl-o-ween costume contests, photos with Santa and a sprint adoption event with radio pet expert Warren Eckstein.
Supporting the Sepulveda Basin Off-Leash Dog Park is good for business. Community interest and use of the park is extremely strong. Our Business Members are proudly display on the home page and below.
Becoming a Business Member of the Friends of SBOLDP costs $100 a year. All Business Members get their logos and a link to their websites posted on the Friends of the SBOLDP website and newsletter, discounted vendor rates at future events as well as opportunities to highlight their business at general meetings attended by a business representative.
Nonprofit business memberships